As part of the production team, we are currently recruiting for 2 assistant directors to work along with Michele Ruta Moxham who is the principal director of City of Humanity 1. The assistants will carry a considerable responsibility, the role will include the following duties:
1. Taking rehearsals in the absence of the director
2. Preparing any understudies
3. Being responsible for the distribution of schedules
4. Conveying director's notes and corrections,
5. Be in charge of preparing the rehearsal room
6. Giving some creative input in the staging of chorus, children and actors, especially as this is essentially an all English-speaking creative team(and the libretto of the opera is in Maltese).
The creative team is of high international calibre and the prospective applicants will gain invaluable knowledge from this experience. The candidate should have good English and Maltese language skills, a strong drive, be organised, self motivated and most importantly a team player. Ideally he/she should be able to read sheet music.
We will be shortlisting candidates from submitted applications, who will then be interviewed, followed, possibly by a workshop. No previous experience is required, although preferred.
Candidates should be available between the 15th of October and 17th of November.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org