Applications are now open for the conducting masterclasses by Mro Robert Ferrer (Spain), as part of the educational activities for City of Humanity I – Behind the Fortifications taking place at the Department of Music Studies at the University of Malta on April 13 and 14, 2018.
The masterclasses are free of charge and the final selection will see Mro Ferrer choose four active participants to conduct parts of the works in the repertoire below with piano.
• Isaac Albéniz: Iberia (orch. E. Fernández Arbós). Ed. Éditions Max Eschig
1. Evocation 2. Fête Dieu à Seville 3. Triana 4. El Puerto 5. El Albaicin
• Manuel de Falla: El amor brujo (1925 version). Ed. Chester Music
• Leoš Janácek: Sinfonietta. Ed. Philharmonia (Universal Edition)
• Leoš Janácek: Taras Bulba. Ed. Philharmonia (Universal Edition) / Editio Supraphon
2 of the 4 active participants will be chosen by Mro. Ferrer and Dr.Reuben Pace (the general director of the project) to act as assistant conductors for the opera City of Humanity 1 – Behind the Fortifications. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside professional artists in one of the landmark productions of European Capital of Culture 2018, Valletta.
These masterclasses are being done in collaboration with the Music Department at the School of Performing Arts, University of Malta and Mro. Ferrer is being generously supported by the Embassy of Spain in Malta.
Please send your application together with your CV and any supporting material to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications has been extended until February 15, 2018.